Tuesday, January 6, 2009

He Always Made Time for his Students

To call Bill simply a teacher would do him a disservice. Bill's consideration and concern for his students went far beyond the few hours a week that I was in his class. Anytime I passed him in the hallway and said hello, he'd always stop to talk and ask how I was I was doing in classes and recruiting, or simply listening to whatever was on my mind on that given day. And when my case team needed some advice for our final presentation at a case competition, Bill came all the way down to the depths of the Long Library and watched us give our presentation multiple times, giving us valuable feedback with each run-through. In class, he constantly stressed the importance of authenticity in communicating with others. And I could tell in his interactions with all of his students that he always practiced exactly what he taught.


At a school that prides itself on its faculty, Bill will always be remembered as one of the best to ever teach at Haas. And I only wish I could thank him just one more time for the skills he taught me and the generosity of spirit that he constantly demonstrated. My condolences to Bill's family and friends. He will truly be missed...

No comments:

Post a Comment