Monday, January 12, 2009

Making a difference

I was so sad to hear the news about Bill.

Bill not only inspired me during my time at Haas but was also an essential part in making my transition from working in banking to work in international development. He was someone who never lost his passion for life and the things he cared about. Bill taught me so much at Haas as a professor but also as a friend. Even now, I always think of him when writing a speech: "Never be a fake - you can only communicate something you truly feel passionate about". Bill knew how to "make a difference".

My partner and I will miss his drop-in visits in London and here in Ethiopia. We had hoped we could have met somewhere in Africa since we all were on the same continent. We will always remember Bill as someone who lived his life in full, achieved so much, and never compromised on doing the right thing. He lived a life to be proud of and we were lucky to be touched by him. We will miss him greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment