Monday, January 5, 2009

Thankful to be Bill's former GSI

On behalf of Toshi Ogura, MBA 1994:
I would like to offer my condolences to Bill’s family.

I used to be one of his GSIs for the Interpersonal Communication class at Haas.
Back in 1993, Bill was so passionate to train us to be a good teaching assistant.
We shared a lot of excitement and fun. He not only taught me about communication but also how to teach to students.

I am very shocked and sad to hear about his news because lately I have been thinking about contacting him.
Last summer I have left the corporate world and joined a PhD program at the University of Texas.
I wanted to tell with him that I am currently pursuing a teaching career, especially because I experienced my first teaching experience as his GSI.
This fall I experienced another teaching assistant assignment for the first time in fifteen years. It often reminded me of our GSI days with Bill at Haas.
I am really pleased to hear that he was passionate and involved in a sustainable development program at his late career.

I really appreciate that I had a chance to get to know Bill and all the training he provided us.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this - he was such a wonderful teacher! I still remember how he gave me a chance to do the GSI speech ... it really gave me an opportunity to bring to light an important issue about tolerance.

    He was a wonderful human being. I will always cherish my time spent with him as a student, GSI and alum and pass on my sincerest condolences to his family

    ReplyDelete