Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Late for a meeting, but looking good

On behalf of Cliff Dank, MBA 2008:
Bill, I couldn't possibly express how shocked and saddened I am that you have left us. I am so glad you were doing things you loved and taking chances all the while. You were a teacher, a mentor and most importantly a friend who always had time. I will miss you dearly, as will our whole Berkeley community.

I smile as I remember the time you kept me waiting for 45 minutes at that Chinese place in Rockridge. You said you needed a haircut and it took longer than expected. Within 3 minutes I knew I couldn't stay annoyed with you for ditching me, both because your energy and light were so infectious and because, you were right, you looked a lot better with that haircut.

I will remember for the rest of my days the time I spent as your GSI. What a wonderful experience and what a wonderful leader you were.


Safe travels friend,
Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment